Privacy Notice Recruitment policy for Haven Claims Last reviewed: August 2018
(A) Policy Information
For the purposes of this document, the Recruitment Team at Haven Claims are the Data Handlers.
This policy will be reviewed and amended accordingly upon reflection of any practices regarding processing Third-Party information, or in line with any changes to law. This policy should be read carefully and regularly reviewed for any changes made.
(B) Processing your Personal Data
Collection of Personal Data
We may collect personal data about you. This includes; your name, your address and your contact details. Examples of sources from which we can collect your data include:
- Being contacted by you, either via email, telephone or any other applicable means.
- Collecting information from your CV, by which you have provided us with your personal data for recruitment purposes.
- Your data could be passed to us from external recruitment companies, with information that you have provided them, such as your CV, for recruitment purposes.
- We may receive your data from job boards that you have chosen to make public, such as your CV, for recruitment purposes.
- Your information can be passed onto us from other employees, as part of our Employee Referral Scheme.
- We may collect data from means that have been made public, such as social media, to the extent that you have chosen to make publicly visible.
- We can, with your written consent, conduct background checks and perform reference requests, for the purposes of recruitment.
- When you visit our websites, (havenclaims.co.uk, www.prospect-legal.co.uk and https://jobs.prospect-legal.co.uk), we can collect personal data. This includes, device type, operating system, browser type and settings, IP addresses, language settings, location, as well as dates and times of connecting to our sites, some of which can constitute personal data.
Creation of Personal Data
For recruitment purposes, we may create data about you, such as recording details of interviews you attend, notes produced during the recruitment process and details of job offers. The creation of this type of data is for the legitimate business use for recruitment process only.
Personal Data that you Provide about Others
In some circumstances, you may provide information about others. This could be in the form as acting as a source of data, by providing information of another prospective candidate. We rely on you that this information is being provided on a lawful basis. In the event that this is not the case, please ensure that you refrain from sharing the personal data of any Third-Party to us.
Relevant Personal Data
The categories of relevant personal data with legitimate use are as follows:
- Personal details: Given name(s), preferred name, gender, date of birth / age, nationality, photograph, marital status, job title, employer entity, department, salary and compensation figures, and bank details.
- Contact details: Home address, work address, home telephone number, mobile number, work telephone number, personal mobile number, work mobile number, personal email address, work email address and social media profile details. All where applicable.
- Employment records: Dates and details of current and former employment, details of current and former employers, dates of employment, job titles, job locations, skills and experience, and details of any disciplinary issues or incidents.
- Details of referees: Details of any referees that you provide. We rely on you to ensure that the details you provide to us have been obtain lawfully and with the consent of the relevant party. This information will include the relationship between you and the referee and the duration to which you have known them.
- Background checks: Information provided through background checks will be conducted within the guidelines of relevant and applicable law. This information can only be obtained with your prior written consent and can include details of your past employment, credit reference information and criminal record checks.
- Views and opinions: This can include your own views and opinions based upon any prospective candidates, as well as information that we can collect from people that may know you. This information will only be collected where necessary for the legitimate and appropriate use during the recruitment process and within the guidelines of the appropriate laws.
Lawful Basis for Processing Personal Data
When we process personal data as outlined by this policy, we are bound by the following legal guidelines:
- Prior written consent must be obtained (when the processing is entirely voluntary – it is not used in relation to necessary or obligatory data processing).
- The processing of information must be necessary for the recruitment process and purposes outlined by this policy.
- The information is required by applicable law.
- The processing of information is necessary to protect the vital interests of any individual, or;
- We have a legitimate interest to carry out the processing, which is not overridden by your interests, fundamental rights or freedoms. Where we rely on this legal basis, our legitimate interests are:
- The management and operation of our business,
- Promotions within our business,
- Providing a service to all relevant parties including candidates.
Processing your Sensitive Personal Data
We do not seek to obtain any sensitive personal data, except where these details are necessary in the following circumstances:
- Processing information that is required by the relevant lawful obligations.
- Information that is necessary in the detection or prevention of crime.
- Information that is necessary for exercising or defending legal rights.
- Information that we can obtained through your prior written consent before processing any sensitive content. This will only be used in relation to information that has been provided entirely voluntarily, not when processing information that is deemed to be necessary or legally obligatory.
Purposes for which we may Process your Personal Data
The purpose by which we process your personal data, bound by the guidelines of applicable law, are as follows:
- Recruitment processes: Recruitment opportunities that have been provided to us by recruitment agencies. We rely on agencies to ensure that they have the obtained the appropriate written consent from you. If there is a time that you believe that this has not been obtained, please ensure that you contact us to let us know that you no longer want us to process your data.
- Candidate registration: We will contact you at the beginning of the recruitment process in the form of a Candidate Registration. Your email and contact number will be used to find out the following:
- Current salary and salary expectations
- Mode of transport
- Current location
- Existing employer/employment status
- Employment experience and skill set
- Digital and marketing communications: Communication through any means such email, telephone, text message and social media are used upon obtaining your personal information.
- Health and safety: Health and safety assessments and record keeps in compliance with related and appropriate legal obligations.
- Future planning: In the event that your application is unsuccessful, we may ask for your consent to hold onto your personal data, in the form of your CV, for any suitable roles in the future. You hold the right to decline this request, or to ask for your personal details to be removed from our systems at any time.
(C) Disclosure of Personal Data to Third Parties
We may need to disclose your personal data to other employees at Haven Claims. This will be if we arrange for you to have an interview, by which hiring managers will be required to view your CV. We may also need to share demographic information if we need a home-based employee where we require candidates to live in a specific location. We will only pass your personal data onto a Third-Party with legitimate use and within the guidelines of the appropriate law.
In addition, your personal data may be disclosed to the following for legitimate use:
- To legal and regulatory bodies, upon request, or for the purposes of reporting and actual or suspected breach of applicable law.
- To our Recruitment Team for the legitimate purpose of completing the recruitment and selection process.
- Our hiring managers, for the legitimate purpose of completing the recruitment process.
- Any relevant party, for the purposes of preventing, investigating, detecting and prosecuting any criminal offences.
- Any relevant Third-Party businesses within the Granite Group to whom your CV may be of interest with prior written consent.
- Our websites and social media that may collect your personal data after you have chosen how much data you choose to publicly share.
If we engage with a Third-Party, we will ensure that the means by which we process your information will have legitimate reason and will be bound by the legal obligations of the appropriate laws. We will only process your personal data in accordance to prior written consent and use measures to protect your confidentiality and the security of your personal data.
(D) Data Security
We have implemented the appropriate organisation security measures to ensure that your personal data is kept away from illegitimate use, accidental or unlawful destruction, loss, alteration, unauthorised access and disclosure, and any other unlawful or unauthorised forms of processing, bound by the obligations of appropriate law.
You are responsible for ensuring that any personal data you send to us is sent securely.
(E) Data Accuracy
We are legally obligated to ensure that your personal details, where necessary, are kept up to date. We will take every reasonable measure to ensure that your details are accurate and current. Any data that we find to be out of date will be rectified, or where necessary, erased.
You may be contacted to ensure that the information that we hold about you is still accurate.
(F) Data Minimisation
We will take every reasonable measure to ensure that your personal data is kept for legitimate use and that any extra information we hold about you is removed from our systems; (i) by your request, (ii) out of the guidelines expressed within this policy.
(G) Data Retention
The criteria for determining the duration to which we keep your personal data is as follows:
- We will erase your personal data immediately when, at any stage of the recruitment process, you are unsuccessful. However, we will securely store it if you give us express prior written consent that you are happy that we keep your details in the event of a suitable vacancy.
- If your application is successful, we will retain your information for the duration of your employment.
- Should you leave your employment with us, we will retain your information for seven years. If you wish to withdraw or extend that permission, you may do so.
(H) Your Legal Rights
Subject to applicable law, you have several rights regarding the processing of your personal data:
- You have the right to request access to, or copies of, the personal data that we possess of you.
- You have the right to request any amendments to your personal data and informs us of any inaccuracies to the information that hold about you.
- You have the right to request, on legitimate grounds, the erasure or restriction of the personal data that we possess of you.
- You have the right to object, on legitimate grounds, the processing of your data.
- You have the right to refuse to have your data transferred to another data handler.
- You have the right to withdraw your consent for us holding your personal information.
- You have the right to issue any complaints to the processing of your data to the Data Protection Authority. This does not affect your statutory rights.
If you would like to ask any questions, or if you would like to exercise any of these rights, please contact the Data Handlers at Haven Claims (details provided below).
Cookies are used when you visit our website (www.havenclaims.co.uk, www.prospect-legal.co.uk, https://jobs.prospect-legal.co.uk). Cookies record information about your device, your browser, your preferences and your browsing habits. This information may be used in accordance to our privacy statement – www.havenclaims.co.uk/assets/PrivacyStatement.pdf
All of our sites are bound by the regulations outlined in our privacy statement www.havenclaims.co.uk/assets/PrivacyStatement.pdf
(K) Your Obligations
In the event that you are a candidate: We will contact you from time to time to ensure you are happy that we continue to hold your personal data. If details change while we hold your personal data, it is your responsibility to ensure that the information you provide to us is up-to-date.
In the event that you are a source: We rely on you to ensure that you have the appropriate permissions and consent when passing us data about a prospective candidate.
(L) Contact Details
If you have any comments, questions or concerns, or if you would like to withdraw your consent for us to hold your information, please let us know as soon as possible. You can contact us via the following:
Post: Haven Claims, Suite 2a – Second Floor, 160 London Road, Sevenoaks, Kent, TN13 1BT, United Kingdom.
Telephone: 01732 747100
Candidate: A prospective employee going through the recruitment process.
Recruitment Agency: External Third-Party recruiting agent carefully selected on our ‘preferred supplier’ list.
Data Handler: For the purposes of this policy, the data handlers are the recruitment team.
Hiring Managers: Managers and/or team leaders who will be involved in the interview process.
Personal Data: Any information provided that makes an individual identifiable (please refer to section ‘B’ of this policy).
Sensitive Personal Data: Any information that is deemed sensitive under the applicable law (please refer to section ‘B’ of this policy).
Source: Any Third-Party, group or individual outside of the Haven Claims recruitment team.
Data Protection Authority: The independent public authority whom are legally tasked with overseeing and ensuring the compliance of applicable data protection laws and GDPR.
Data Processer: Individuals that are tasked with handling the data that is given to the recruitment team for the purposes of filling any vacancies within Haven Claims.