Do you want to work for a fun and passionate company that thrives for excellence in everything we do?
We are a provider of specialist motor insurance and have an exciting opportunity for the right individual to join our growing team. Driven by the quality of our products and services, we aim to expertly handle all aspects of motor claims, from first notification of loss to the settlement of the largest and most complex personal injury cases. We are looking for talented like-minded people to join us during an exciting time of rapid expansion.
This is a full-time, permanent position based in our Sevenoaks office. Responsibilities will include advising and monitoring our adherence to General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) standards and local data protection laws, as well as acting as a referral point for our staff.
- Developing and overseeing data protection and legal compliance
- Ensuring effective implementation and audit of all aspects of data protection policies and processes
- Maintain expert knowledge of all developments and changes in data protection, managing any notifications with the ICO
- Design and implement Learning and Development programme on compliance and GDPR to support all staff
- Share knowledge and develop best practice in line with current compliance ensuring that any updates are communicated
- Provide department / employee specific training, ensuring that there is consistency across the business.
Our successful applicant will come with a background within an FCA regulated industry and in-depth GDPR knowledge. The ability to effectively communicate with employees on all levels is essential, to ensure the successful sharing of knowledge in all areas of data protection and compliance
You will be enthusiastic and motivated by business successes, where your attention to technical detail will prove invaluable in making the right decisions first time. We are looking for someone who enjoys working individually to achieve results and can recognise the influence their skills have on the growth of our business.
Essential skills / experience include:
- Recognised qualification in Data Protection and Compliance (including GDPR).
- Excellent organisational and communication skills.
- A background in an FCA regulated industry.
- Demonstrable experience of implementing, or working under, recognised business management standards.
Some advantageous experiences and attributes would be:
- Excellent interpersonal skills, building effective relationships and communicating with Senior Managers and employees alike.
- Ability to organise and prioritise, showing passion for data privacy and embedding compliance across the business.
- Whilst not essential, coming from an motor insurance background would be beneficial.